Welcome to the Mediation Center of Charlottesville
The mission of the Mediation Center of Charlottesville (MCC) is to provide affordable and accessible dispute resolution services through mediation and education, enabling its clients to transform conflict into an opportunity for growth and change.
The Mediation Center of Charlottesville helps individuals and organizations resolve conflict peacefully and respectfully. It provides a full range of dispute resolution services, including mediation, workshops in conflict resolution, mediator training, and seminars for parenting children of divorce or separation.
Mediations are conducted by trained, experienced professional Mediators certified by the Supreme Court of Virginia.
Most fees are based on clients’ incomes.
Mediation is the most effective way of settling disputes and forging agreements:
- It has a higher success (80-90%) and compliance rate than court-imposed judgment, according to the American Bar Association.
- The parties control the outcome, most often producing a “win-win” result.
- Agreements are crafted in a few days, avoiding long court delays.
- Costs are just a fraction of most legal fees, potentially saving thousands of dollars.
- The process preserves and rebuilds trust and relationships between parties who will continue to have a common interest; e.g., parents of a child, or customers/clients.
- Mediation is ideal for resolving disputes and creating agreements in issues related to: